DEPARTMENT: Retail Banking
Manages assigned branch personnel. Manages daily operation of a full service branch. Ensures maximum operating efficiency, provides excellent service to new and existing customers, develops new business in both the retail and lending areas and promotes the image of the bank within the community.
- Manages assigned branch personnel.
- Develops, implements and monitors branch sales objectives and general business plans to ensure that individual branch and corporate goals and objectives are attained.
- Promotes and maintains a “sales culture” for the branch office by conveying corporate and individual branch sales and service goals/objectives to subordinate staff.
- Targets, develops and maintains both retail and commercial account relationships. Refers customers and prospects to commercial lending personnel, as appropriate, for the purpose of cross selling other bank products and services.
- Participates in community and civic organizations as means of promoting the bank as a “Community Bank”. Establishes and nurtures contacts within the branch community. Provides for effective community and public relations within market area of assigned branch.
- Ensures proper levels of control are maintained at the branch office through audits, routine security checks, etc. Provides direct supervision of branch activity.
- Interprets and explains bank policies, programs, goals and objectives to subordinate staff. Serves as informational resource to the general public. Ensures that Bank policies and procedures are implemented and maintained in a consistent fashion.
- Supervises recordkeeping and teller proof procedures; ensures that branch cash and supplies of negotiable items are properly inventoried.
- Promotes development of bank’s growth, through the retention and growth of the branch deposit base and the cross selling of all bank products and services.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of the Bank’s product offerings. Provides advice and counsel to existing and potential customers regarding product and/or service selection.
- Troubleshoots customer service problem, complaints, etc. in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs a variety of loan origination functions. Develops new loan volume through direct customer contact calling on other business professional. Conducts loan application interviews, reviews applications for completeness and accuracy, ensures all loan origination efforts are in compliance with regulatory agency rules and regulations. May approve loans within limits of established authority. Sends all other applications to the appropriate department for input and processing.
- Maintains knowledge of and adherence to banking regulations to include: Reg. B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act); Reg. D; Reg. E (Electronic Funds Transfer Act); Reg. P; Reg. CC (Expedited Funds Availability Act); Reg. DD (Truth in Savings Act); Americans with Disabilities Act; Bank Secrecy Act;18/65 regulation; fair lending regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three to five years of branch banking experience and a financial sales background.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to supervise, monitor and evaluate the work of others.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
Commerce Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.