Personal Banker - Boston, MA
DEPARTMENT: Retail Banking
Performs a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties to provide assistance to customers in accessing Bank’s various services and products, counsels customers in product selection process, participates in bank promotions, assists in sales efforts and provides excellent service to both new and existing customers. Ability and skills to successfully work on the teller line or the platform. Has full understanding of all lending for both Home Equity and Consumer.
- Assists and advises customers in accessing bank’s products and services, counsels customers in selection of most appropriate service or procedure to meet their needs. Processes all documentation to maintain accurate files and records.
- Assists customers with resolution of transaction problems regarding various accounts: may refer customer to superior or other bank department as required.
- Keeps informed of competitive products and services. Informs branch management of customer comments regarding the competition.
- Responds to customer mail inquiries: drafts and forwards letters containing requested information, documents, etc. Follows through on customer complaints and responds as may be required.
- Assists management in the implementation and monitoring of branch sales objectives and general business plan to ensure that individual branch and corporate goals and objectives are attained. Promotes and maintains a “sales culture” for branch staff.
- Maintains knowledge of safe deposit box operations and regulations, processes payments, records box opening and closings and provides assistance to customers in gaining access to safe deposit boxes.
- Audits inventory of travelers’ checks and other branch audits on a monthly basis.
- Assists loan customers with applications, processes credit bureau reports and prepares initial loan documentation. Underwrites and closes loans as required.
- Inputs customer check orders and processes daily transmittal.
- Maintains an ongoing responsibility for suggesting ways to improve productivity and job efficiency.
- May balance ATM, assists tellers with proof, orders supplies for platform area. May open a cash drawer as needed.
- Minimum two year of teller experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational and computer skills.
Commerce Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.