Commercial Loan Officer - Boston, MA
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Lending
Makes and services all types of secured and unsecured loans personally or in conjunction with other officers. Assumes responsibility for a portion of the commercial loan portfolio to insure that acceptable credit standards are maintained and that loans conform to established bank policy. Also, cross sells all of bank’s commercial services (cash management, investment, merchant credit card, etc.) as well as consumer products to senior management and employees of corporate customers as appropriate.
Attends to the needs of customers seeking loans for assorted purposes and on different terms that involve the extension of significant amounts of secured or unsecured funds.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their businesses, needs, desires, abilities and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk with the bank’s policy.
- Guides junior officers in the development and analysis of the financial background data for new or renewed loans, makes plant or company visits.
- Follows current loans to insure complete conformity with terms and to be cognizant of any developing trends. Ensures that loans comply with all regulatory, compliance and internal policies.
- Gives financial and banking advice and counsel to customers and prospective customers.
- Reports to division head, and/or loan review committee the results of loan reviews, including irregularities, and recommends additional documentation, collateral and other ways in which to improve a position of the loan portfolio and strengthen the customer’s credit standing.
- Handles moderate to large sized individual borrowers.
- Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase cross sell or retain existing business. Networks appropriately to ensure success of business development effort.
- Assists and guides branch officers in the evaluation of loan applications that present unusual problems.
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of required loan documentation.
- Monitors loan accounts, services accounts and collects on delinquent accounts. Ensures that loan documentation as well as required financial and collateral information is received on timely basis.
- Becomes involved with a community-based organization in a meaningful way.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Three to five years or more of experience in loan department, banking or financial industry.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial lending policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of lending services and related areas.
- Good communication, sales and public relations skills.
Commerce Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.