Aircraft Loan Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Aircraft Lending
Provides administrative, customer service, sales, and secretarial support for assigned Senior Vice President and Manager of the Aircraft Lending Division, Aircraft Credit Officer, and its customers and brokers.
Performs administrative and secretarial duties including:
- Preparing/composing and maintaining reports, memos, letters, and files. Organizing and purging files periodically for best efficiencies and best practices for the division.
- Answering telephone; taking and relaying messages; directing caller to appropriate individual.
- Review and processing the mail for assigned area/individual.
- Compiling and preparing loan document packages for new, refinanced and modified loans, including accompanying letters and correspondence.
- Follow-up with borrowers prior to and/or on the applicable loan closing date.
- Servicing Aircraft accounts, providing timely and accurate customer service to applicants and borrowers, including researching and following-up on customer inquiries, payoff requests, payment issues, insurance claims, obtaining Certificates of Insurance (COI’s) on applicable loans, and contacting overdrawn or delinquent customers for payments.
- Interfacing with and supporting new and existing aircraft brokers.
- Ensuring that all procedures, decline letters, adverse action letters, and activities are done in conjunction with appropriate regulatory, compliance and internal policies (as appropriate).
- Reconciling, preparing, and processing all monthly fees/expenses for the Aircraft Division. Preparing, processing bills/invoices monthly for UCC reimbursement fees from applicable brokers.
- Periodic management and follow up on outstanding closing documents by following up with applicable borrowers and parties for any post closing items/ documentation.
- Preparing all wires and check requests for loan closings or for other department purposes.
- Assisting in reconciling the Aircraft Doc Fee Tracking Report periodically to get certain items off this report and recognize the applicable fee income after all expenses on a given loan have been incurred.
- Cleaning up and organizing all loan files after closing, and preparing, organizing and labeling all related documents for scanning by the Loan Operations Department.
- Interfacing with the Division’s FAA aircraft title company on aspects and issues concerning a respective aircraft transaction.
- Serve as a key person and backup to the S.V.P./Manager of the division, and Aircraft Credit Officer.
- Assists with compliance efforts as appropriate and designated.
- Minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
- Good understanding of office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of the general aviation aircraft or general aviation industry preferred, but not required.
- Strong word processing, spelling, grammar, time/task management, productivity, and organizational skills.
- Strong use of Microsoft products – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent “Attention to Detail” is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to provide exceptional, “first class” customer service in the most professional manner at all times.
- “Sense of Urgency” and “Prioritization” skills to support our customers and brokers effectively, efficiently, and accurately.
- Willingness to take the initiative and a willingness to take on key initiatives and tasks and follow up/through skills to see through completion.
- Familiarity with Secretary of State Websites and UCC search and filing websites and procedures. Familiarity with completing OFAC searches and CIPs.
Commerce Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.