1. How do I submit a resume?
Please make sure you completely fill out our online application. If you would liek to additionally submit a resume please click on the “Upload your resume here” link . To upload your resume, scroll to the bottom of the link, fill in the required fields of name, address, city, state, phone, email, best method of contact, and answer whether or not you are a customer (has no bearing on employment). Next copy your resume and paste into in the questions/comments box. Once you hit the submit button, your resume and/or application will become part of our database. Submitting your resume more than once will NOT increase your chances of being contacted. We will contact you if your skills and qualifications match a position we are trying to fill.
2. I'd like to be able to include a cover letter with my resume, addressed to the appropriate individual. How can I find out the name of the appropriate individual?
All resumes are received in a central location and sorted by job applied for and skill set. It is not necessary to address a cover letter to a specific individual. If you would like to include a cover letter, you can paste it in the resume text field after the text of your resume.
3. What if a position I am interested in is not listed on the careers page? Can I submit a resume anyway?
Yes. You can use the link on the search page to submit a general resume and apply for a specific position or submit your resume for general consideration (meaning you would not select a specific position to apply for from the online response form.) Once you submit your resume once (whether for a specific position or not) you will be in our database and may be considered for other positions other than the one you applied for.
4. How do I know if you received my resume via the online response form?
Once you have submitted your resume, a response page will appear thanking you for your submission. The appearance of this message is your confirmation that we have received your resume. If a problem occurs during the transmission of your resume, a pop-up window will appear with the error/reason for the problem. You will be asked to re-submit your resume at that time.
5. I submitted my resume through the online response form but I'd like to mail it to you just to make sure you received it.
If you received the confirmation message, you can be sure we received your resume. It is important to note that you should NOT submit your resume multiple times as this will NOT increase your chances of being contacted. The only time you should send us another copy of your resume is if the resume includes updated information.
6. I tried to submit my resume using the online response form but the Web page indicated there was an error. What should I do?
If you are not running a browser which supports a 128 Bit browser, you may need to upgrade your browser and then revisit our site to apply online. Our online response form supports the following browsers:
Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
Netscape Communicator 7.1 or higher
Mozilla FireFox 1.02 or higher
7. Will I be notified one way or the other if the job is filled or if I make it to the next step in the application process?
If you received the confirmation message, you can be sure we received your resume. If your skills and qualifications match what we are looking for, a representative from HR will contact you. It is important to note that you should NOT submit your resume multiple times as this will NOT increase your chances of being contacted. In fact, submitting your resume multiple times may result in resume processing delays. The only time you may choose to send us another copy of your resume is if the resume includes updated information.
8. How long are job postings generally on the Web site? Are they posted for a specific amount of time, or until the job is filled?
A position remains on our website until it is filled.