Debit Card Fraud Monitoring
At Commerce Bank, safeguarding your account is vital. We offer state-of-the-art card monitoring to further enhance your account security and peace of mind.
Here are a few facts about this service:
- Our Debit Card Fraud Monitoring tool reviews your normal card usage to determine abnormal or unusual account activity.
- Combined with up-to-date industry fraud information, our monitoring tool will then evaluate each of your transactions.
- If any transaction is considered out of the norm or risky, the automated service will contact you to assist us in verifying your transaction.
- Confirm the transaction, and no further action is necessary.
- If you indicate that you did not authorize the transaction, your card will immediately be blocked to prevent further fraud.
- In cases when the automated system cannot reach you, it will leave a message. Your card may temporarily be blocked until you have the opportunity to return the call.
- We encourage you to contact our Customer Response Center at (800) 698-BANK (2265) should you question the validity of the automated call or any transactions posted to your account.
If you will be travelling, please contact Commerce before you go. Let us know where you will be to ensure continued access to your account.
Our ability to contact you is based on information that you provided to us at account opening or since your last update. Please feel free to click here and download a Change of Address/Contact Information form to update your contact information.
To learn more about this service, please contact your local branch or call us at (800) 698-BANK (2265).
Note: Commerce Bank continually monitors up-to-date industry statistics regarding trends for fraudulent transactions occurring in specific states or with specific merchants. In some cases, we find the need to block signature-based, PIN-based, and/or internet transactions in these targeted geographical areas or at these merchants. Typically these transaction blocks are temporary and would be removed as conditions change. If you incur a transaction fee based on this aforementioned practice, please contact us and we will promptly rebate the fee for you.
* In the event your card or card number is lost, stolen or used without your authorization, you are not liable for the unauthorized transactions, including transactions made at merchants, over the telephone, at ATMs, or online, when you notify the bank promptly. Claims are subject to verification. See your Account Agreement for further details.