A Message from our President
Brian W. Thompson
President and Chief Executive Officer
Since 1955, Commerce Bank’s single mission has been to support the growth and vitality of communities in Massachusetts.
What makes us excel in this mission is our adherence to core principles and the ability to deliver the innovative products, services and capabilities our customers need and deserve – from really free checking accounts to local loan decisions.
Commerce Bank is one of the largest independent banking companies in the region. And, in an era of banking consolidation, we remain a strong, local banking institution that is attentive to the needs of the people and businesses we serve.
Our employees regularly support local organizations with their time and talent. And Commerce Bank, in turn, endorses their work with more than $250,000 in community donations and sponsorships every year.
As a direct result, Commerce Bank has garnered a number of accolades recently. We have been:
- Voted “Best Bank in Worcester County” in 2015 by Worcester Magazine readers
- Voted “Wachusett Region’s Best Community Bank” in 2014 by Holden Landmark readers
- Designated as a leading SBA lender in Massachusetts for many years
- Awarded the highest rating from BauerFinancial, known as the nation’s bank rating service for its unbiased and independent ratings
- Named a “Blue Ribbon Bank” by Veribanc, Inc. -- the oldest national accolade presented by private sector analysts to recognize highly rated banking institutions that demonstrate exceptional attention to safety, soundness and financial strength
I invite you to learn more about Commerce Bank and how we can help you achieve your financial goals.