A Message from our President
Brian W. Thompson
President and Chief Executive Officer
Commerce Bank is the largest independent banking company in the Worcester area. In an era of banking consolidation, we remain a professional, financially strong, local banking institution, attentive to the needs of the people and businesses in our area.
Our success has not gone unnoticed. Commerce Bank has garnered a number of accolades recently. We have been:
- Voted “the Best Bank in Worcester County” in 2014 by Worcester Magazine readers
- Voted “Wachusett Region’s Best Community Bank” in 2013 by Holden Landmark readers
- Designated as a leading SBA lender in Central Massachusetts for many years
- Awarded the highest rating from BauerFinancial, known as the nation’s bank rating service for its unbiased and independent ratings.
- Named a “Blue Ribbon Bank” by Veribanc, Inc. -- the oldest national accolade presented by private sector analysts to recognize highly rated banking institutions that demonstrate exceptional attention to safety, soundness and financial strength
Our commitment to community begins at our front door. We own our corporate headquarters, the historic Slater Building on Worcester’s Main Street, and our employees support various local organizations with their time and talent. In addition, Commerce Bank endorses their work with more than $250,000 in community donations and sponsorships every year.
I invite you to learn more about Commerce Bank and how we can help you achieve your financial goals.