Tellers - Various Locations
DEPARTMENT: Retail Banking
Performs a wide variety of teller and general clerical duties to provide services to Bank customers by conforming to established policies and operating procedures. May coach new tellers; usually has 9 to12 months previous teller experience.
- Provides responsibility for security and proper handling of cash box.
Processes customer transactions, including but not limited to:
- Deposits, withdrawals, check cashing.
- Issuing of treasurerís checks, money orders, travelerís checks, certified checks.
- Loan Payments, credit card advances.
- Verify signatures, dates, etc. on checks to be cashed, obtaining appropriated approval if required.
- Sorting and rolling coin.
- Redeem U.S. Savings bonds and assists customers with completing applications to purchase bonds.
- Balances cash drawer daily.
- Answers telephone, provides information or refers call to appropriate person.
- May service night deposit transactions, assist in proving the ATM, open accounts and close accounts, performs routine clerical and background duties as assigned or requested.
- Knows and follows Bank policies, procedures and guidelines in reference to security and dual control.
- Keeps informed and up to date on all Bank products and services by attending meetings, seminars and on the job training.
- Sells and cross sells bank products, participates in branch promotions and contributes in attaining branch goals.
- Maintains an ongoing responsibility for suggesting ways to improve productivity and job efficiency.
- Minimum of six month to one year of previous teller or cash handling experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
Commerce Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.